Kindergarten Screening is scheduled for the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 5, 2020
- Wednesday, February 6, 2020
- Thursday, February 7, 2020
This Kindergarten screening is for children entering Kindergarten at District Office in the fall of 2020. We will begin taking appointments on November 27 - Feb. 5, 2020 The Early childhood Program is for children 3 to 5 years who may be experiencing delays in development. For an Early Childhood, Screening appointment call anytime for an appointment. To schedule, please call (815) 678-6866.
Each child will have their hearing and vision screened. The child’s abilities in speech and language, basic concepts, and motor skills will be assessed. The motor portion of the screening involves hopping and skipping. It is recommended that your child wear comfortable shoes for these activities. The screening will take approximately 45-60 minutes.
Illinois State Law requires the following health exams to be completed prior to entry into Kindergarten. Failure to provide these will result in the student’s exclusion from school.
- Vision exam performed by a licensed optometrist or ophthalmologist Vision Form
- Physical exam and immunizations Health Examination Form
- Dental exam Dental Form
List of additional forms that may apply (not required):
- If your student requires Medication to be given during the school day Medical Authorization
- If your student has allergies Allergy Packet
For the screening, you will need to bring/do the following:
- Completed Parent Questionnaire Print
- An official birth certificate, (the one with the raised seal) – we will make a copy of your child’s file
- Complete Online Enrollment-Computers will be available at the screening to complete the Online Enrollment if needed
To complete the online enrollment select scenario 1 or 2:
1) If your family is new to District 2 and has NEVER had a student enrolled at a District 2 school. Begin Here If New to the District
If you are experiencing difficulties please call 815 678-6898 for assistance.
2) If your family has had a student enrolled at District 2 in the past, please log in to your Skyward Family Access and enroll your kindergartner by clicking on the tab on the left labeled Online Enrollment. Begin Here.
The Kindergarten Screening Team
Richmond Grade School/Spring Grove Elementary School
Nippersink School District 2