Phone: 815.678.4242 for Kim Schaefer, Executive Assistant to Superintendent
- Doctorate - Northern Illinois University, Educational Leadership
- Specialist - Northern Illinois University, Educational Administration, and Leadership
- Masters - Concordia University - Chicago, Educational Administration and Leadership
- Bachelors - Rockford University, History and Secondary Education
- Secondary Teaching, General Administration, Superintendent
- Danielson Certified Teacher Evaluator
- Danielson Certified Principal Evaluator
Professional Work Experience:
Dr. Thomas Lind has served as superintendent for both Richmond-Burton CHSD 157 and Nippersink SD 2 since July of 2017. He began his 24 year career in August of 1996 as a social studies teacher and coach at Hononegah Community High School in Rockton, IL. In 2009, he became the assistant principal of Richmond-Burton Community High School, and in 2012 he was hired to be the principal. In 2017, Dr. Lind was chosen by Nippersink SD 2 and Richmond-Burton CHSD 157 to be the shared superintendent serving both districts.
In addition to being a superintendent, Dr. Lind teaches in the Graduate School of Education at Concordia University - Chicago as an adjunct instructor, and he often speaks to various groups on educational issues impacting our schools and children. Most recently, Dr. Lind presented at the Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence Conference and the National Conference on Education, hosted by the AASA during the 2019-2020 school year.