Preschool Screenings are scheduled for the following dates:
- Wednesday, January 6, 2021
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021
NSD2 Preschool Programs
SELF-CONTAINED SPECIAL EDUCATION
- Children qualify as a result of a thorough evaluation process and may receive some or all of the following related services, based on their eligibility: speech/language therapy, social work, occupational therapy, physical therapy.
- Students in this class have the option to ride a NSD2 bus between home and school.
- Students may be found eligible as early as their third birthday.
- Class size is limited to ten students and is led by a certified special education teacher with classroom assistants.
BLENDED PRESCHOOL CLASSROOM
- Class size is limited to twenty students and is led by a teacher with dual certification in both regular education and special education with a classroom assistant.
- Students must first participate in one of the preschool screenings offered by the district. After results are gathered, children may be determined eligible for this program in one of the following areas:
At Risk: Children ages 3-5 who are determined to be at risk of future academic delay. These students have the option of being transported between home and school on a NSD2 bus and are not required to be potty-trained. Students can attend any of our four preschool screenings and may begin attending class anytime throughout the school year.
Special Education: Children ages 3-5 who have been through the evaluation process and are found to have delays in at least one area of development and may receive some or all of the following related services, based on their eligibility: speech/language therapy, social work, occupational therapy, physical therapy. These students have the option of being transported between home and school on a NSD2 bus and are not required to be potty- trained. Students can attend any of our preschool screenings to begin the evaluation process and may begin attending class anytime throughout the school year.
Tuition: Children ages 3-5 who exhibit skills at or above age expectations and are chosen in the lottery completed in March. These students must attend a preschool screening no later than February of the school year before the desired entrance. These students must be 3 or 4 by September 1st of the school year and must be potty-trained. Parents will transport between home and school each day and will have a tuition payment. Students are only admitted to the program through a lottery in March for the start of the next school year.
To schedule, your child’s appointment at our next preschool screening contact Kristy Dodge at (815) 678- 6866.
If you have a concern regarding your child’s development, please call Kristy Dodge at (815) 678-6866 to schedule an appointment. Screenings are held at the District Office.