EMERGENCY AND SCHOOL CLOSING INFORMATION
The following resources will be used to broadcast the emergency closing of school for weather and non-weather related situations.
- District Webpage
- Television Channels: CBS 2, NBC 5, ABC 7, WGN 9, CLTV cable, & FOX 32
- Radio Stations: WGN - 720 AM, WBBM - 780 AM, STAR - 105.5 FM
- Online: http://www.emergencyclosings.com
The District's automated emergency phone call system will broadcast an emergency school closing, as well. The primary number provided at student registration will be contacted by the emergency notification system. If you need to update that phone number, please contact your child's school office.
Please remember that should we experience inclement weather, you, as parents, always have the right to keep your child(ren) at home. If for weather-related reasons, you feel that your child's safety would be in jeopardy, you simply need to call the school and notify the secretary of the absence. The absence will be considered acceptable and your child(ren) will be allowed to make up their work. We appreciate the caution and good judgment District 2 parents show when exercising authority in this decision.
Should an event result in a telephone outage, the following cell numbers can be used to contact the buildings:
- Nippersink Middle School 815-482-1771
- Richmond Grade School 815-482-4756
- Spring Grove Elementary School 815-482-1770
- Transportation Department 815-560-1993
- Richmond-Burton High School 815-528-3585